So what is a Mapology Guide?
Mapology Guides are illustrated self-help maps for life’s ever-evolving journey. Colourful, playful, empowering and thought-provoking, their main purpose is to help you build an emotional toolkit as you navigate your way through life.
You'll gain a new perspective and cultivate greater inner awareness. They are designed to inspire, educate and transform.
There's a variety of products on the market that help with developing emotional wellbeing. From books, to journals, card sets and digital apps.
A Mapology Guide is a very different kind of product.
It's multi-layered usage offers the following:
• visual learning - not everyone is good with words. Many amongst us are better with visual stimulation to absorb complicated ideas. As information publishers we chose to use sophisticated illustrations with words to help us drive the concept deep into your subconscious. This will stimulate your subconscious mind’s creativity and hopefully inspire you to want to make changes and learn further.
• a fold-out map - maps are a powerful way to express and visualise information. They make sense of things. They lend order to complex environments - so why not use that to lend order to our internal world? Maps stimulate both sides of our brain: the right side that’s intuitive and aesthetic and the left side that’s rational and analytical. They enable us go from A-B. You will gain self-knowledge and travel from a dilemma, question or something that's niggling you, to a helpful resolution.
• impactful storytelling - stories are the way we understand and make sense of the world we find ourselves in. We respond to stories, particularly when there is emotional detail, and remember information given in story form much more vividly. A good story engages our curiosity, emotions and imagination and we are great believers in the transformative power of storytelling and its potential to bring about change.
• we use metaphors - a metaphor is a figure of speech that describes something in a way that isn't literally true, but helps explain an idea. For example, for our How to grow your NO map (pictured here left) we used the metaphor of growing a plant from seed to explain the various different stages of 'saying NO'. As the visual metaphor, we used a greenhouse with plants.
• we instil humour - Personal development does not always have to be boring or taken too seriously. It can have elements of fun. All you have to do is approach it in the right way. Our maps encourage being open-minded and playful.
• hang it as a poster - a physical Mapology Guide is a treasured item kept on desks, in notebooks, or pinned to walls to refer to again and again. Some people frame and hang their map as a poster. The colourful and beautiful illustrations are sought after imagery in themselves. It’s utility and beauty rolled into one!
Who are Mapology Guides for?
Our vibrant fold-out maps are for people interested in creativity, personal development, mental health and well-being.
They can be used on one's own, with a friend(s), partner, work colleague or family member, like your kids. They are great conversation starters. Numerous coaches and therapists, as well as teachers in schools, use them as a tool with their clients and students.
They also make for a great gift and we know that many also frame them as posters.