Mapology Guides are very excited to be part of this new retail experience.
Founded by Christina Larkin, the aim is to open pop up stores featuring some of the most exciting female founded, ethical and environmentally conscious online brands in the UK. For and by 'women who give a shit'!
This is about reimagining retail. This is about offering something more interactive. Come meet the founders (yes, I'll be there some of the time), go join a talk or a workshop. Discover some cool brands.
The venue is Boxpark Shoreditch, in their flagship 5-unit store (which has previously only been entrusted to well known brands including Nike). Maybe a shift is coming. Christina certainly hopes so!
All brands participating will be announced by @mychapter.co on Instagram over the next couple of weeks.
Look forward to meeting some of you.
It’s my birthday and I am 55! How did this happen? When I was younger, I had these preconceived ideas of what people were like when they were 50 and over – they were OLD. But....here I am and to be honest, I feel a lot younger than I felt when I was … er, younger. Back then, everything felt heavy and I was weighted down with the woes of the world. Not so now.
It's therefore appropriate that the 10th map just published in the Mapology Guides range (a real milestone) is entitled: The Sea of Uncertainty - how to stay afloat in challenging times.
I enjoy imparting some of my hard earned wisdom - that’s what all those years in psychotherapy and actual living have brought me. I’ve been reflecting on the last 55 years and everything I’ve learned, so I thought I'd share the most important lessons.
1. Make peace with your past so it doesn’t screw up the present.
2. Life isn’t always fair, but it’s still damn good.
3. Despite what you might have heard, you can create your own life.
4. As a child, you are not responsible for your circumstances. As an adult, you are.
5. When you suppress a feeling, it doesn’t just go away. It goes into your body.
6. Mindfulness is the key to so many doors.
7. Don’t compare your life to others. Strive to be unique. Forge out your own path.
8. Chasing fame is unsatisfactory. Chase meaning and purpose.
9. Getting university degrees is easy. Knowing yourself is hard.
10. Family is people who love, care and support you. They don’t have to be blood.
11. If you don’t ask, you don’t get.
12. Most people are kind.
13. You attract the experiences you believe you deserve.
14. Do what you love every day.
15. Compromise is underrated.
16. Patience is a true virtue. Stop hurrying.
17. Run far away from toxic people. They’ll poison you.
18. It’s good to talk. Please try and express yourself. Life will be easier.
19. However good or bad a situation is, this too shall pass.
20. Time heals almost everything. Give time the time it deserves.
21. Forgive everyone everything.
22. It’s not the destination, it’s the journey.
23. Make your life as colourful as possible.
24. Live in the present. It’s the best place to be.
25. The most important person to have on your side is you.
26. Empathy is the lifeline to every relationship.
27. People are like plants. They need light to grow. Love is light.
28. Children get only one childhood. It’s the foundation for the rest of their lives.
29. Prevention is better than reaction.
30. Be gracious, be humble and remember your roots.
31. Be an eternal student.
32. It’s definitely quality over quantity.
33. It’s good to cry. Having a witness is even better.
34. ‘A life unexamined is a life not worth living’ is the best quote ever.
35. Life is short. Make it your priority.
36. Curiosity is the gateway to an exciting and fulfilling life.
37. Respect the elderly. They have a lot to teach us.
38. Beauty comes and goes. Invest in values and wisdom instead.
39. Go and find your people, your tribe.
40. There was life before the internet. Seek it out.
41. Gather an emotional toolbox. It will come handy.
42. Give your time, not just money.
43. Wholesome, plant based food heals many ailments and is very underrated.
44. Knowledge is power. Equip yourself with as much knowledge as possible.
45. A woman comes into her own at 40. Trust me, it's true.
46. Be ‘playful’ and ‘childish’ at any age.
47. The best is still to come. Make every year your best year yet.
48. Learn from mistakes. Repeating them is not wise.
49. Vulnerability shows great strength. It's sexy too.
50. ‘Love’ is the answer to life and it comes in many disguises.
51. Sex gets better with age.
52. You control your mind. It does not control you.
53. Shame is one of the most destructive of feelings there is.
54. Self-knowledge and self-love are essential for true happiness.
55. If you earnestly look for answers, you will find them.
And since I read this quote from Mark Constantine, co-founder of Lush, I've actually been looking forward to turning 55.
But hey, foremost, life is short, don't take it and yourself too seriously and don't ever forget to have fun, lots of it!
Here at Mapology Guides HQ we are celebrating a bit of a milestone. We've just launched map No.10, entitled: The Sea of Uncertainty - how to stay afloat in challenging times.
The Sea of Uncertainty - how to stay afloat in challenging times
Every generation has its challenges - the ones that leave us all at sea - and today is no different. Right now, many of us have heads full of environmental concerns, political upheaval, financial worries as well as the things that cause internal turmoil.
Comparison, feelings of anxiety, lack of self worth can feel like a storm that never breaks, leaving us on the rocks. We're overwhelmed and in danger of going overboard. But like a pearl in an oyster, challenges often have opportunities concealed deep within. The trick is figuring out where the treasure is buried.
This guide will help you adapt and become resilient, conquer fear and dive into the unknown.
Hop over to the shop to see further details and to purchase.
The BuddyBox is a subscription box with substance, designed to counter the pressures we face in modern life. Packed full of thoughtful, mood-lifting treats, the BuddyBox comforts, delights and gives you that warm, ‘I’ve been cared for’ feeling inside. In other words – it’s a hug in a box.
Thank you Blurt Foundation x
It's always so exciting when Mapology Guides gets mentioned in magazines and I'm so very grateful for it.
Thank you to Project Calm Magazine, who have mentioned Mapology Guides before, for this incredible full-length feature in this special edition entitled: Creative Journeys - artistic inspiration from around the world.
This 32-page travel inspiration book is full of beautiful articles, photos and inspiring creative souls and I feel incredibly humbled to have been asked to be part of it.
Thank you to the wonderful Lottie Storey who was editor of this Creative Special.
Jenni Sparks was the very first illustrator we reached out to before launching Mapology Guides and she illustrated our very first map: What's Bugging You?
As we're nearing our 10th map, we invited Jenni back to illustrated our latest offering: The Anger Apothecary