56 lessons learnt
Turning 56 in August inspired me to share 56 lessons life has taught me so far.
1. Make peace with your past so it doesn't screw up the present.
2. Life isn't always fair, but it's still damn good.
3. Despite what you might have heard, you can shape your own life.
4. Having affairs is just not worth it.
5. To truly love someone you must first learn to love yourself.
6. Mindfulness is the key to so many doors.
7. Don't compare your life to others. Strive to be unique and forge out your own path.
8. Chasing fame is unsatisfactory. Chase meaning and purpose.
9. What doesn't kill you sure does make you stronger.
10. What goes up must come down.
11. If you don't ask, you don't get.
12. You don't have to always win every argument. Agree to disagree.
13. Religion is an easy way out. Create your own life manual.
14. Do what you love every day.
15. Compromise is underrated.
16. Patience is a true virtue.
17. It comes to those who work hard.
18. It's good to talk.
19. However good or bad a situation is, it will pass.
20. Time heals almost everything. Give time the time it deserves.
21. You are not your job.
22. It's not the destination, it's the journey.
23. Make your life as colourful as possible.
24. Live in the present. It's the best place to be.
25. Mindless consumerism is just another addiction. Seek inner fulfilment instead.
26. Empathy is the lifeline to every relationship.
27. We are all just people.
28. Children get only one childhood. It's the foundation for the rest of their lives.
29. Prevention is better than reaction.
30. Be gracious, be humble and remember your roots.
31. Be an eternal student.
32. It's definitely quality over quantity.
33. It's good to cry. Having a witness is even better.
34. "The unexamined life is not worth living" is the best quote ever.
35. Life is short. Make it your priority.
36. Curiosity is the gateway to an exciting and rich life.
37. Respect the elderly. They have a lot to teach us.
38. Beauty comes and goes. Invest in values and wisdom instead.
39. Go and find your tribe.
40. There was life before the internet. Seek it out.
41. Gather an emotional toolbox. It will come handy.
42. Give time, not money.
43. Wholesome food is a great healer.
44. Knowledge is power.
45. A woman comes into her own at 40.
46. Be "playful" and "childish" at any age.
47. The best is still to come. Make every year your best year yet.
48. Learn from mistakes. Repeating them is not wise.
49. Vulnerability shows strength.
50. "Love" is the answer to life and it comes in many disguises.
51. A breakdown is a prelude to a breakthrough
52. Change is the only constant.
53. Make your intuition your best friend.
54. Forgive everyone everything.
55. Let go of any regrets and forgive yourself.
56. Keep growing, keep shifting.